Growing Mint In Cups

At the beginning of this month, I bought a planting cup. To put it simply, I raised plants in a cup. I bought a mint growing cup, because I like the taste of mint very much. Most importantly, mint is very useful for mosquito bites.

This kind of planting cup is opened as a cup, with a drainage hole at the bottom, a bag of soil, a bag of seeds, and a water absorbent cotton piece. The method is very simple, directly open the absorbent cotton into the bottom of the cup, into half the soil, into half the seeds, and then into the remaining soil, watering until the soil is completely wet. Unfortunately, the mint seed I bought failed to sprout. This shows that even the simplest planting method needs to be studied seriously. Let's talk about it here.

First of all, I would like to talk about why we need to plant mint. Apart from the taste, I am more interested in some mint drinks and desserts. Mint can be used as medicine. It can also be used as mogito and lemonade. But these are not the direct reasons for me to raise mint. The most important reason for me to raise Mint is that mint can eliminate mosquito bags, which I have personally tested and is absolutely effective. Last summer, the children at home were bitten by mosquitoes. At the same time, we played with peppermint. The grandmother who raised peppermint told us that we could pick two or three leaves and rub them to wipe the parts bitten by mosquitoes. We did it with a try attitude. Unexpectedly, the effect was very obvious, and the mosquito bag disappeared soon. Later also recommended a lot of friends to try this method, has been recognized by everyone. This is my biggest motivation for growing mint, but it's worth noting that when mosquito bites occur, it's best to wipe it with mint leaves. The longer the time, the worse the effect.

Next, let's talk about what we need to pay attention to in the cultivation of peppermint. Although I didn't plant it successfully, I'm going to try again, so I've read a lot of successful experiences. Here are some points to share:

1. Because the seeds of Mentha haplocalyx are very, very small, it can be covered with a thin layer of soil after sowing, or not at all. Otherwise, it is very likely that the seedlings will die in the middle of drilling.

2. Don't sprinkle a lot of seeds at one time. Sprinkle sparsely when sowing. If you sow too much, you can observe the density after budding. When transplanting, about 3-4 seedlings can be placed in a flowerpot.

3. Peppermint has a strong demand for light, so you should remember to sun peppermint often. If you have small seedlings, you can put them in the place where there is sunshine. You don't need to sun them directly.

4. Mint more sun, also need more watering, keep moist soil environment, avoid excessive.

5. The last point is relatively unpopular. I just learned that although Mint belongs to small potted plants, it also needs pruning. This pruning is not a large-scale pruning of fruit trees. Pruning peppermint is actually removing the top bud, because if this bud is not picked all the time, it will affect the growth of lateral buds.

Well, that's about it. I hope I can succeed this time.














Popular Posts